Mission of the IFHG
The mission of Group, a not-for-profit association is to promote, develop, aid and assist those interested in tracing and recording details of their Italian ancestors and heritage; to promote history relating to Italian achievements; and to generally promote the passion of Italian culture.
People who are not of Italian origin are also welcome, provided that they uphold the aims and objectives of the Organisation.
Aims and Objectives of the IFHG
- To promote, develop, aid and assist those interested in tracing and recording details of their Italian ancestors and heritage.
- To conduct lectures, seminars, workshops and events to promote the research of family genealogy.
- To mutually assist members by sharing experiences about researching.
- To establish and maintain a newsletter and website (under the auspices of CoAsIt) that will encourage others to embark upon the challenge of research and writing up their family genealogy.
- To liaise and collaborate with other societies and organisations to share information and to promote awareness of Italian genealogy and history.
- To record and tabulate names of families under research.
- To record, publish and share information about research methods and sources.
- To acquire books, periodicals and research aids by purchase or donation.
- To organise, promote and encourage mutually supportive, practical partnerships between business, service providers, Italian organisations (including Co.As.It.) and the Italian Community generally.